By Miguel, SBSH Software | September 17th, 2010 | View Comments
Before getting started reviewing the features with today’s new release, users that are not familiar with PhoneWeaver and would like to find more information about the application, are invited to click here and read the first version release post.
PhoneWeaver 1.1.1 is a new minor update following our previous large v1.1 that was released a few weeks ago. With v1.1.1 update we’ve focused on closing any pending bug reports we’ve collected from our users since v1.1 release, along with several new feature requests that we received from our forum members and decided will make a perfect way to close this cool new release with
As with all previous updates – this new update is a free update for all registered users! We are glad to invite all of our users to upgrade to the new version and enjoy the new stuff we’ve been working on! Not sure how to perform your free update? Free upgrade details can be found towards the bottom of this post.
Following this introduction – let’s take a look at PhoneWeaver v1.1.1!
PhoneWeaver 1.1.1 Development Log
1. Agenda filters are no longer case sensitive – Up until now, when configuring an agenda trigger based on a certain word in an appointment Subject or Location fields, PhoneWeaver performed a case-sensitive comparison. For example, this means that if you had an agenda profile setup to look for the word “doctor”, and your appointment subject would start with the word “Doctor”, your PhoneWeaver agenda profile wouldn’t trigger since the comparison would fail due to the difference in letter capitalization. With this new version this issue was fixed, and string comparison is now case-insensitive, so if your agenda trigger is setup to catch appointments with the word “doctor”, appointments including the word “Doctor”, “doctoR” and even “DoCtOr” will all trigger your agenda profile
This behavior is by far more logical and we hope this will help make the agenda profile triggering much more usable for all of you!
2. Agenda filters now supporting logical “OR” – For example, creating an agenda profile with the filter set to: “Work OR Meeting” will match appointments including the string “work” or “meeting”. This way, you can start using the same profile to match with a larger group of appointments, instead of having to create a similar profile for each word you wish to catch.
3. Agenda trigger can now be filtered by “Busy” or “Available” status – This feature only supports Google calendars who support such status label. Now you can limit the profile triggering to your “Busy” appointments quickly and effortlessly!
4. Data switching option now works on CDMA phones – Although we have this included with this new release, this new feature should be treated as partially experimental at this stage. We’ve tested it thoroughly and it should be working nicely – but we feel that more input on this can be helpful and we might continue to optimize it some more with future updates.
Please notice that if you would like to manage data-switching with PhoneWeaver (when used with a CDMA phone), you must leave the data connection option enabled all the time on your phone, and manage the active state of your phone’s data through PhoneWeaver. Unfortunately, if your data connection is turned off on the phone level, PhoneWeaver is unable to activate it for the first time; However, if you keep it active on the phone level and let PhoneWeaver manage the connection status, we are then able to activate and disable it as we like – so PhoneWeaver can easily take over this task for you and turn off the data connection for you when needed
This limitation exists only for CDMA phones and not for GSM phones. We would love to get more feedback from users about your experience with this and hope our CDMA users will be glad to find this new addition and let PhoneWeaver handle your data connection from here on!
5. MMS control removed from CDMA phones. After some more testing we’ve decided to remove the MMS control option from CDMA phones at this stage. This feature caused trouble and wasn’t working properly (again – only for CDMA phones), so to prevent confusion and frustration from CDMA users, we’ve decided to have it removed for now. We will continue to search for a better solution here and hope to offer MMS control back again with upcoming updates.
6. Wimax On/Off control for 4G Phone – HOT new addition – you can now control your 4G network data connection as easily as you control WiFi or any other connection – directly with your PhoneWeaver profiles!!
7. Now the profile is fully applied after a device reboot – This will ensure that you have your device configured exactly as you want to on every reboot.
8. Bug Fix: Bluetooth headset switching was broken - Since we’ve added the Wired headset connection, the Bluetooth option was broken. With this new version we’ve fixed this bug We’re terribly sorry for the mess with this specific point.
9. Bug Fix: Solved certain exception error – This was a rare exception situation which is now fixed.
10. Bug Fix: Avoid “PhoneWeaver Auto” operation when user has only manual profiles defined with PhoneWeaver – With previous versions, when exiting PhoneWeaver settings (and also in a few other cases, such as time zone change for example), PhoneWeaver will try to auto-callibrate the profile selection (what is called “PhoneWeaver auto”) in such cases, and will try to automatically switch to the auto profile that should currently be selected. This behavior works great when the user has at least one automatic profile defined (such as time profile), however, if you don’t have any automatic profiles defined and using PhoneWeaver as a way to switch manually between powerful profiles, this feature caused some unexpected behavior for those users.
Starting with this new version, PhoneWeaver is designed to identify those situations and will avoid performing a “PhoneWeaver auto” calibration action if there are no automatic profiles defined by the user with PhoneWeaver.
11. Bug Fix: Use simplified Chinese only if simplified Chinese is selected in the device – Previously Simplified Chinese was also used when the device were using Traditional Chinese.
12. Bug Fix: Solved an issue that caused WIFI to be turned off –This happened in cases that Phone radio was defined as OFF and WIFI as ignore, the WiFi would turn off too by mistake. This is now fixed.
13. Bug Fix: Selecting Brightness auto and then ignore – In the settings screen appeared Auto, but in the preference appeared Ignore.
14. Bug Fix: Rewritten MMS and Phone data code – The MMS and Phone Data radio related code was re-written and re-designed. With the new implementation we’ve eliminated completely the different random behavior reported with previous versions that causes changes to one of the two not to work if one of the two options was set to No Change and the second connection was set to either ON/OFF. Things should work much more smoothly with this new version.
15. Bug Fix: Lock/unlock didn’t show toasts message. (/toast messages – those quick floating messages that blink on the screen with the Android OS ).
16. Bug Fix: Rotation on main screen caused PhoneWeaver to exit.
17. Bug Fix: Now the Android OS will stop GPS usage – Once last location profile is disabled or deleted if GPS location is allowed.
18. Bug Fix: On Froyo, close app on profile exit only worked if the app was not foreground. Now will work properly in all cases.
19. Bug Fix: If a Manual timed is changed to another trigger type it continued showing the time in the menus.
20. Bug Fix: When a profile change was set “On Hold” because a call was in progress, the Phone screen was not reachable for the user.
Registering PhoneWeaver for New Users
PhoneWeaver costs $6.99.
To register PhoneWeaver via the Android Market, enter the Market application on your Android phone and search for the word “PhoneWeaver”, or, scan the barcode below using your phone.
Alternatively, click here to register PhoneWeaver via our online store.
Downloading PhoneWeaver v1.1.1 and free upgrade for registered users
If you registered PhoneWeaver via the Android Market, you should see a new update notice directly through your phone – we’ve just published the new update through the Android Market and it should be showing on your phone in the next couple of minutes (if it doesn’t already..).
A 12 day trial version is also available via APK installation:
When registering the trial version via online stores (and not via the Android Market), you will receive your registration details on your checkout screen. Use these registration details to register PhoneWeaver and remove the 12 day trial version limitation. If you registered via one of the online stores and would like to update to the new version, simply download the new trial version from the link above and install it on top of the current version you have – the new version will automatically recognize that you are a registered user without any additional action from your side!
That’s all for today Myself and the rest of the team are doing our best to stay online here at the blog and at our forums. We are looking forward for all your feedback!
Wishing you all a great day and hope you will enjoy this new update!
|Tweet||4,196 Views | View Comments|